WHY MUST I DISCOVER PURPOSE?
“Understanding purpose is one thing, but recognizing the importance of having purpose is another. Everybody has a unique purpose in their life, whether it be to help others, provide for family, or be free.”_ Ben Gothard, Achieve Greatness.
It’s nice to have you here once again. We hope you are all doing fine and great.
We will be continuing our series on PURPOSE DISCOVERY. Last week we began by discussing what purpose discovery entails and We hope it was beneficial to you.
This week on the voice palace, we will be taking you through why you need to discover purpose.
A man who wants to become a Medical doctor and then attend an engineering school will end up only wasting his time or fulfilling another purpose.
WHY MUST I DISCOVER PURPOSE?
- It makes your work easier: Knowing what your purpose is helps you realize; that anyway, is not “the way.” Anyhow is not “the how.” Anywhere is not “the where.” It reduces the work of trial and errors.
- It give you focus: Someone said this “If your purpose is Bauchi and then someone comes with a limousine heading to Abuja, you wouldn’t follow him. You did prefer trekking to Bauchi.” Noah knew the purpose was to safe his life by making a ship. During that process, many laughed and hauled insults at him, but he never for once turn to either side. A knowledge of purpose keeps you focus for when people don’t see the end result you see. The likes of Facebook and Microsoft are examples of discovered purpose.
- It brings Peace: knowing what your purpose is keeps you going even in times of trials and tribulations. You know that these are nothing compared to what lies ahead. Jesus knew his purpose and even in the midst of humiliation and abuse, He carried the cross with this happiness and at the end he said “Father, forgive them for the know not what they are doing.”
- Purpose stops you from competition: Competition is one thing common in our time right now. People jump into various things, only to give up later or get depressed. When one knows his/her purpose, you realize that what others are doing is different from what you are called to do.
- It brings about a sense of direction: Purpose stops you from being involve in a lot of activities without anything tangible to show for it. It makes you see where you are going too and to follow till the end no matter what lies by the side. A man who move anywhere the wind blows him, will soon get lost. Purpose discovery reveals to you and the world who you are.
- You can explain it and get others to follow: most times, why we carry certain task and visions, then find no one to follow or work with us, is because there is no Purpose. Every wise person starts a thing after he has discover or seen purpose to it.
We can’t deny the fact that purpose is a key factor to whatever we start. Without the right knowledge of what our Purpose is, we will only but waste our time.
Your views and comments are all appreciated and if you have anything you will want us to address, we are always open.
Thank you for reading. Please kindly hit the like button and share if this will helpful to someone.